Saturday, April 19, 2014

Market goods, and some mold making.

A couple of parcels arrived at Easter, so I guess they are Easter prezzies to me! First up was a set of Supplies and Groceries from TabletopWorld.


These are wonderfully generic enough to suit many settings including LOTR (Hobbiton), and both Empire of the Dead and Pirates gaming for a town square market area. I just need to build some market stalls out of balsa and drape over the top some striped awnings...

The next up was some InstantMold ordered from "CoolMini-or-not"...


I watched a how to on Google plus showing the instant mold in use and thought it would be great to try to copy 'single surface' pieces...

 Put the above two pictures together and I guess you can see where I am going with this...?

I also hope to do some more shields for my various LOTR troops... the uses are endless, as is the mold material; being re-usable!

13 comments:

  1. Great looking goods. I was thinking about getting some of Ainsty's for various settings. Interesting to see what you do with the instamould. My mate uses it for allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those market goods look great! I love scatter terrain that enhances the appearance of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking terrain detail pieces - should really work well with your skirmish games. I'm curious to see how the molds work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen Tabletop World's stuff before! I had to order the same thing as they have corn on the cob for my Mexicans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what is needed to add to the scene Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good :) Hope you'll post a review of the instant mold when you have some time, as I've been thinking of getting some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those market goods are awesome - my Vikings need more plunder to steal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved these little terrain scenic items that just lift the overall scene nicely and these have a wonderful range use through several periods!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm that's something I would like to try!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stuff from Tabletop World - so crisp and well sculpted. I'll have to see about getting a set of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, must agree, very little flash, mold lines or bubbles hole. Very impressed here!

      Delete
  11. That InstantMould has me curious. How effective is it for cloning miniatures? I have a project in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I saw on the vid clip, rather good, but its 'one dimensional' sort of stuff - you push it over the piece to be copied. I dont know how well it would work doing a two piece mold of a miniature...

      Delete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...